martedì 10 gennaio 2017

What to do in California

Hi, I'm Giovanni, I'm doing an exchange year in a small city in California called Morgan Hill but I had in this 5 months the possibility to travel around California seeing amazing place (with above all an amazing weather even if it can change everyday from super warm to super cold).

Here are 12 places that you have to go before leaving California:

  ➾ Golden Gate bridge, San Francisco
It is one of the most important bridge in the world, the majestic dimension of the bridge and the bright red will enchant you.
advice: If you have a car drive into, it's really amazing.


  ➾ Shark Fin Cove beach
It is one of the best beaches I've ever seen in my life; the rocks are beautiful and colorful, the waves are huge and there is a tunnel that brings you into the ocean.
advice 1: there is another tunnel, DON'T GO IN THERE, THERE ARE BROKEN GLASSES AND THERE IS NOTHING, REALLY NOTHING TO SEE.
advice 2: It's near Santa Cruz, I really recommend to visit it!
advice 3: In this part of the coast near shark fin there are so many beautiful beach as much as this so if you are a good walker or you don't care about gas, you should visit them.





this is the tunnel THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO

  ➾ Point Lobos State reserve
I have seen this place two times and for me it is not enough!
advice: there are two trails: one is by foot and it's near the entrance (it's free) and the other one you have to take the car to get in  (price 10$ for normal car)
ps: I honestly prefer the one by car ( the photos are of the trail by car)




   ➾ Hollywood and the view from there
There is not so much to say about it because everybody knows it, the one and only Hollywood sign (or better known Hollyweed)
 advice: if you feel like a bad guy/girl, there is the "illegal" trail that looks like a tunnel of plants (you will totally understand) that will bring you in front of the sign
PAY ATTENTION, IT IS A BIT DANGEROUS because there are no fence. (but the view is totally worth it)

This is the normal view 

Our view, it was I think less than 10 ft


  ➾ Bixby Bridge, Big Sur
I don't really know why it is not consider one of the seven wonders of the world.
I almost cried when I saw it!
advice: there is a beach under the bridge that it is possible to go in there but I don't know where is the trail. ( I'll figure it out)


  ➾ Malibu Creek State Park
Who said that Malibu is just a beach? Me and my family we travelled all around it and it's very amazing
advice: if the day before rained, maybe it will be a little bit flooded


  ➾ SFMOMA
One of the best museum I've ever seen, so nice! I've almost preferred this to the New York City one.
advice: GO! it's free for students





  ➾ McWay Falls, Big Sur
What can I say about this place? Awesome water, awesome nature and A WATERFALL in the beach. BETTER THAN THIS.


  ➾ The skatepark in Venice Beach
The atmosphere of this place is amazing, people from all over the world , music, sun, ocean, people who are really good at skateboard.



  ➾ Capitola Beach
I think Capitola is the cutest beach I've ever seen, the houses are so nice. (but really expensives even if they look small, well probably they are)
Advice: there are a few coffee shops that have an amazing view, you should check it out.



  ➾ Yosemite National Park
Only one phrase: one of the best parks in the US!


  ➾ Dunes in Monterrey 
Ok, I have to say this place is very difficult to arrive because it hard to reach and there is not a real parking lot BUT IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT.



   

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento