Hi everyone, this is Angela and in this post, I am going to talk about food. Food, the best thing ever in the world. It gives us energy but especially, it gives us happiness.
In particularly, I am going to talk about Southern food, since I am doing my exchange year here in Tennessee.
One thing that you have to know is that the food from your home country is obviously different from the one of your host country, thus you have to try everything and see what you like and what you dislike.
Here you are 10 typical southern food + a drink bonus:
➣ This is literally THE typical meal in the South U.S. It consists of meatloaf, corn, peas, bread and smashed potatoes. Smashed potatoes is seriously everywhere, at the school lunch, at the Thanksgiving dinner, at the Christmas dinner, everywhere.
➣ Mac&Cheese (my love), potatoes (again) and chop steak is also a typical dish here. In particularly, mac&cheese is almost everywhere, usually as a side dish.
➣ I honestly don't know if this is just a southern dish or just a typical American dish, anyways this is seriously my favorite dish here. It's "steak and shrimp". Obviously every restaurant cooks shrimps in a different way but it's usually really good. This was from "Dick's Last Resort" and it was accompanied by french fries and cheese on them.
➣ Sausage Balls: heaven. I found them during the Thanksgiving lunch and it's basically sausage, biscuit and probably some kind of spices in there. I really recommend them, they are really really good.
➣ Chili. Ok, I don't really think that this is just a dish from the South U.S., but probably you can find it everywhere, because it is awesome. In Tennessee we have a fast-food called Petro's and it makes chili with corn chips (Fritos) and all kind of toppings. Usually the Petro's comes with chili (meat and beans) + Fritos + cheese + green onions + tomatoes + tomatoes + jalapeños + black olives + salsa. All served in a cup.
![]() |
What you need for a Petro's
|
➣ Breakfast. Bread, usually biscuit + bacon or sausage + eggs + potatoes (yes, again) are what you eat for breakfast here. It's typically a savory dish which is was quite weird for me since I am used to eating sweet food for breakfast in Italy.
➣ Continuing to talk about breakfast, a typical food is the biscuit. It's basically bread that comes plain, with sausage, with jelly or with bacon and eggs. It's quite good but not my favorite thing to eat.
➣ Tacos. It's not really Southern but it's kind of popular to eat tacos here. They are really good; you can put whatever you want in them and they are going to be just amazing.
➣ Americans are kinda obsessed with the Alfredo Sauce, especially with the 'Alfredo Chicken', which doesn't actually exist in the Italian cuisine (just saying). It's not really bad but seriously, it's NOT Italian food. Americans are also obsessed with the garlic bread, this one also isn't an actual Italian food but I have to admit that it's really good, I love it.
➣ The last dish that I want to talk about today, It's the chicken tenders. It was my first dish from a restaurant here. In particularly, we went to Cracker Barrel and I got chicken tenders with two sides, corn and mac&cheese, plus the corn bread. The corn bread is really typical here and it usually accompanies the main dish.
![]() |
| Corn Bread |
➣ A want to give you a bonus, it's not an actual food but it's a drink. Sweet Tea. Everyone here drinks sweet tea, but you can't actually find it everywhere in the United States. In fact, not every State produces it. I really like it and I am drinking tons of sweet tea while I am here.
I hope you enjoyed this reading and if you have any question, you can contact me. Just click here.
xoxo Angela 吴











Nessun commento:
Posta un commento